Hello my dear crafty friends and welcome to our blog!
This is Irit and I made a tutorial for you that is all altered and party Mixed Media
As much as I was tempted to make an art journal page, I moved from my comfort zone and decided to make something useful. So say Hello to my Gift card holder made from chipboard, cardstock, collage sheets and a lot of Mixed Media products.
Here how it looks when closed and I made it flat in purpose. You can add whatever flowers and extras on the cover if you wish, but I like it flat so it can be sent in an envelope.
Step by step instructions:
1. Cut white 12*12'' chipboard or thick cardstock into two even parts of 12*6''.
Score and fold the first one as shown on 3''-6''-3'' - this is the inner part of the holder.
Score and fold the second half to 2 1/2''- 1/2''- 4 1/2''- 1/2''- 4 1/2''.
2. Cut Kaisercraft patterned cardstock to fit cover in one piece and cut other pieces to fit the " pages" with like 1/8'' less from each side.
3. Use Tim Holtz Gothic stencil and DecoArt Crackle paste over the cover cardstock. Let it dry and be sure you see crackles before you continue with this piece.
5. Color the Quirky houses with a mix of Ranger Distress markers. Cover each colored house with Glossy Accents and let it dry. Do not cover the free spaces over the cardstock as we want them to absorb mists and paints later.
7. Use a mix of distress Ranger inks (names in the supply list) to color the stencilled cardstock pieces.
8.Cut three flower images from Joggles Basilius Besler Botanical plate collage sheet and glue them over the central piece as shown. Use Gel medium to glue the pieces as this is the best medium to keep everything on place forever.
10. Add a bird from the same Watercolor birds collage sheet over the flowers, cover it with glaze and add white line and dots around as shown. Add pink Glimmer mist ( Tattered Angels Wedding Pink) over the finished pages and let it dry.
11. Now for the closed folds- this is a place to add the real gift card inside the project.
Glue two patterned paper pieces and add 4 black photo corners to keep the card inside.Ink cardstock edges with distress ink before you glue them.
Cut two feathers from Joggles Watercolor pink feathers collage sheet. First cover them with DecoArt Crackle glaze and let them dry.
Then add Gold fluid acrylic to enter the crackles and glue them as shown. Outline the feathers with white pen and add white dots.
13. Use Gold fluid acrylic to cover the crackle paste crackles over the cover piece . Then add Verdigris mist and even a bit of pink mist and let the cover dry. Glue it over the basic chipboard. Add the metal trinket to make a closure.