Monday, April 27, 2015

Art Journal Monday

Hi, Hazel here with my piece for Art Journal Monday, I've made a Song Bird collage.


My page is A4 size,


I started by gluing book pages, decorated paper, pink lace and tissue tape to the page, I stamped some Dina Wakley birds but they disappeared underneath all the later.paint layers.


I scraped some white acrylic paint on the page with a credit card.


I stamped some numbers using a stamp from  the Stampers Anonymous Documented stamp set.


A bit more white paint.


I added a couple of die cuts and cut out some flowers and birds from patterned paper and glued them to the page, I also stamped some Dina Wakley leaves with olive Archival ink. The dies I used are from the Sizzix Thinlits scrabbles and splat set.


The last thing I did was to add colour and shading to the images with Pitt pens, I also added some doodles with a black and white pen.

6 comments:

  1. Great piece Hazel! Love the colors and your technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! LOVE LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fun Hazel. Two bluebirds - bluebirds of happiness - as the old song goes!! DOUBLE HAPPINESS today - thank you!! REALLY enjoyed this lovely creation. j.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree this piece made me feel so good when I saw it, Happy ! happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy, love it! Love all the wonderful layers Hazel, Happy Spring!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful art journal pages, sweet love birds!

    ReplyDelete