Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Happy Birthday with Oxides!

Hello Mixed Media Mojo fans! Cathy here with another birthday with a balloon twist project! I am loving the new Oxides, I want to use them on everything and I kind of do!! LOL But I also still love my embossing powders and use them on so many things! Here is my newest project! Please check out the original post HERE and join in the fun!



Happy Birthday Balloons!


I started with a manilla tag and smooshed around my Distress Oxides to get nice colours for my balloons. I then embossed my Emerald Creek Charms with Charred Gold and Hammered Metal. I used a piece of paper from my stash and oxided it up!

I went over my balloons and my stash paper with the Crazing collage Medium, I seriously love this stuff!

Hammered Metal balloon

Charred Gold Balloon

Used my Small talk stickers to add to the birthday sign

Just look at the itty bitty crackly from the crazing medium!

I went over this crackle part with my Wilted Violet Distress Crayon and it just rubbed in so nicely!

On the edges of the balloons I rubbed a quick touch of Finnabair's new Opal Wax to give it some shimmer, it doesn't photograph so great but in person it's a gorgeous shimmer!
All of the wonderful supplies I used for this Oxidey birthday card!





Thanks so much everyone for stopping buy and don't forget to get your Birthday with a balloon twist entry in!! Can't wait to see all the projects you share with us!

Cathy

1 comment: