Thursday, June 22, 2017

LET THE ADVENTURE BEGIN LAYOUT


Hello everyone! Monica here - I am a day late with my June project. Not even sure why but I guess my day got away from me. But I hope you can forgive me when I show you the project I did this month. I did a layout and thought I would show you what I did to make it.

The theme this month was Graduation - with the twist of travel. I have to admit, this month's theme really stumped me for the longest time. I searched Pinterest to see if I could find some  quotes and when I put in the words graduation and travel I found this great quote - "Let the Adventure Begin". I thought this would be a great starting point. And then I remembered that my oldest niece was graduation from Grade 9 this year and I found some fun paper with a travel theme and I was off!


I started off by picking some great map paper for my background - I want my niece to travel the world and see everything she can as she grows up! I even found this great graduation cap that I altered with a great tassel to use on the project as well.


The next step was to use the different pieces of the paper I wanted - I cut out and inked the globe section, and tore/inked the other map section and mounted them on some basic brown card stock. I used pop dots to layer the paper so the page has dimension. I also used some burlap paper and inked it with a Paris stamp I had to create more texture and depth.


I then wanted to add even more texture to the page, so added some texture paste through a stencil on several sections of the page.


Here is a close up of some of the texture paste.


At this stage I added the picture of my niece I wanted to use for the layout. She is such a fantastic girl and takes some interesting photos! I didn't even have to work to accent the photo as she did that part for me - very creative that girl!
 

My next step for the project was to add one of my Julie Nutting stamps - I wanted to bring some other colour into the page and since my niece loves green I chose these colours. This stamp also reminds me of Madison - so fun and carefree!


Once coloured, I had to give her a cap and gown. I originally wanted her to wear the gown but that covered up too much of the girl so I had the gown behind her to accent her more.


The last stets were to add the girl to the page, along with the text for the quote. And then I was done - I had a finished layout! 

I hope you like my layout for this months challenge. And I hope you play along with us in the challenges! Make sure to check out the Mixed Media Mojo blog, as well as our new Facebook group - Mixed Media Mojo Challenges

Take care and have a very crafty day everyone!

8 comments:

  1. Great card Monica! Love the map paper for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this layout. I am rubbish at this kind of thing but adore to see them well done like yours. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always love seeing grad things and this layout it wonderful! I so need to get back to scrapping! LOVE her photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your blog,I sincerely hope that your blog a rapid increase in
    traffic density,which help promote your blog and we hope that your blog is being updated.
    បាល់ផ្សាយបន្តផ្ទាល់_Live Score

    ReplyDelete
  5. Join Top Colleges for Best MBA Colleges Chandigarh, Punjab. GGS is among the best college for MBA in Punjab. Our aim is to provide the different functional areas of management to the students.

    ReplyDelete