Monday, October 19, 2015

Little Houses Journal Page

Hi everybody, today I have a journal page to share with you.


I had a very painful back when I was making the page and didn't feel like getting up to take photos of the different stages so I only have a photo of the finished piece.

I started by giving the page a coat of gesso, then using acrylic paint I painted the bottom of the page green and the top blue wiping away some of the blue with a baby wipe to make clouds. I stamped some foliage with green Archival ink.
I stamped all the houses onto patterned paper and cut them out, I cut out a window on one of the houses and adhered a picture from a magazine. I adhered the houses to the page with Multi Matt Medium and gave the page a coat of the medium.
I used some Faber-Castell Pitt pens to add more colour to the houses and to add some shading. I drew and coloured some shapes at the bottom of the page to look like the top of a wooden fence. I then drew some flying birds.

I used PaperArtsy stamps for the houses and foliage.

Thank you for looking.
xxx Hazel.

1 comment: