Here is how the page turned out.
I saw this flower online. It is a stamp from an Australian company - well I knew I did not want to order one so I did my best to draw it. I then traced it onto white tissue paper.
The tissue paper flowers were adhered to the journal page with gel medium.
I took a permanent black marker and drew in the lines of the flower.
Here is a close up of the tissue flower with the drawn black lines.
Added a layer of acrylic paint.
Here are all three flowers where they were painted.
I took some background stamps and I used purple distress ink and a bright pink ink I had and added the marks to the flower petals. I also did some stamping with the bright pink ink on the right side of the page. For my birthday, two friends gave me some wonderful new background stamps that I used on this page.
I stamped the sentiment on some tissue paper. It turns out I did not like it.
I restamped the sentiment on a piece of purplish patterned paper and applied it with gel medium.
I used more paint and worked around the edges of the sentiment to make it blend a little more into the page. I added some stenciling with pink around the page and then stamped the hearts on the page. One heart was goofed up so that is why we have some black circles on the page. I turned an OOPS into a creative opportunity. I believe Carolyn Dube says that about OOPS.
Here is the final page again along with some close ups of some of the elements.
Thanks for stopping by and seeing how I created this page.