Wednesday, October 15, 2014

DIY Fabric 3D Pumpkin

Hello y'all! Niki here (aka Pawsitively Creative) on the blog today. I wanted to share a how to on making my fabric 3D(ish) pumpkin. This is an easy way to add dimension to your project. Grap a Pumpkin Spice Latte and enjoy!


I started out by drawing a pumpkin shape that I could use as a template. I used the very back cardboard piece from a set of cardstock papers I bought awhile ago. I traced the template and cut out my pumpkin. 

Then I grabbed my gingham type fabric and glued down the bottom edge, and part of the sides using Tombow Multi liquid glue. Make sure to glue the fabric to the back of the pumpkin. 

Now this is the fun, sticky and messy part. Grab some cotton balls and start filling your pumpkin. I had glue stuck to my fingers so this was a bit messy but fun. As you add your cotton balls glue the edges of the fabric as needed. 

When you have your pumpkin stuffed to your specifications you can close the very top and add some string to represent the ridges in your pumpkin. I used hemp that I colored black. Then my baby girl, Raj (German shepherd) helped me pick out a stick from our backyard that was used as the stem of the pumpkin. 

Pick a spot on your project and glue your pumpkin down (I used E6000). Add your stem and now you have a fabric 3D pumpkin! Easy right?
Happy Halloween!

Remember to have fun and enter our October Halloween/Fall use Fabric challenge HERE at Mixed Media Mojo!

Happy crafting and Carpe Diem!





8 comments:

  1. as I was reading I was thinking stuffing with glue on your fingers and then you said it - made me smile - thanks for the how too

    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a fun messy! I meant to take a picture of my cotton fingers but forgot. Lol

      Delete
  2. Such a fun project Niki and you make it look so easy!~kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! It was fun and hopefully the steps are easy to follow.

      Delete
  3. This is waaay too fun! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are welcome Katrina! If you make this I would love to see a pic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love you puffy pumpkin. Great colours. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Gail. I hope to see something of yours as well and hugs back.

    ReplyDelete