The effect is created using watercolour pigment ( Dr PH Martin Hydrus ) rubber stamps and good quality watercolour paper. I have worked on rough and smooth papers to show how the paper effects the over all finish.
- Flood you paper with clean water
- Using a wash brush add a small amount of diluted pigment to the wet paper and watch the magic begin!
|rough 140 lb watercolour paper|
|addition of another colour wash|
|smooth 90lb watercolour paper|
- Apply a highly pigmented wash of colour onto your Stamp
- Stamp onto your background ( Background must be dry before you stamp )
- Spritz the imagery to create a bleed in the pigment .
- Here are a few other samples
Now it is up to you. The technique will take practice, learning how watercolours behave is key, but I think the effect is well worth the effort.
Many thanks Linda