Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Art Journalling and Special Announcement

HI there Mixed Media Mojo fans!  Maria here today to share an art journal page that I made.  Have you played along in this month's challenge, there is still time!

I love using Dylusions products by Ranger.  I have all the spray colors and now they are coming out with paints in all those fabulous colors!  Have you heard about that?  I don't have my hands on them yet but hopefully my LSS will get them in soon!  I've heard that they are very fluid, bright and dry super fast.  Dyan Reaveley claims she loves them because she likes to work very fast and they dry fast.  Of course "everyone" has paints out there which seems weird and you might say why?  Tim Holtz has a distress line which is a line of paints, inks and stains that react in cool ways to achieve a distressed look.  I will do a future post on Tim Holtz products. I know Dina Wakley has a line of paints I believe those are thicker paints. Now Dyan is releasing her own line of paints.

Anyhow, I worked in this journal:

This is the smaller of the 2 Dylusions Journals.  I have the larger one but this size is perfect.  It measures 5 5/8'' x 8 3/8" cover and pages are 5"x8".

Here is a page I did inspired by one of Dyan's Videos and techniques:

In the video where Dyan shows this technique from CHA 2015 she was using and showing the new paints especially how awesome the black is.  Here I just used plain acrylics I had on hand.  Next week I will share some more details on this page and perhaps another page for you.

Check out her great video straight from CHA HERE.


DESIGN TEAM CALL

Would you like to join our Design Team?  We are looking to add a few new members!  Do you love mixed media, art journaling?  Then we would love for you to apply.  This DT call is very simple just link below your blog and a specific piece for us to take a look at.

Requirements:
  • A project for the 1st of every month for our new challenge.
  • One or two additional blog posts during the month, which may be a shared technique, idea another project. We work together to create a schedule that fits everyone's schedule. We do not want any pressure on our members just fun!  
  • Term begins in April
How to apply:
  • Link your blog featuring your favorite mixed media, art journal piece below. 
Link up by March 15. 


Thanks for stopping by!

Maria

4 comments:

  1. I love the message in your fabulous canvas! Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new line she introduced at CHA this year. Can't wait to see all the yummy goodness of playing with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing design pieces so far! Good luck to everyone applying for the DT call! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such fun colors Maria! Love your page. Special thanks to everyone linking up for the DT Call, best of luck!~kim

    ReplyDelete