Wednesday, February 18, 2015

February Challenge~Mid-Month Fun~Art Tag

Happy Wednesday!

kim here today! I wanted to share a small project to brighten your day!
We are little better than half-way done with the month! Wow, where is the time going?!?!!

After a jam packed weekend with Valentines and here in the US, a long school weekend off, crazy. I have a feeling lots of you need some me-play-time!

Join us for this month's challenge, Use Red, twist Wings. We hope you can play and share the love with your friends!



I have a new found love for making tags! They are a small space and not quite so scary to play with!


My tag is cut from a manila folder and I misted it with water, then pulled it through some Distress Paints. As it was drying I sprayed some Dylusions spray ink over it to get it more red.



Once dry, I stamped the base with Archival Ink using some Unity Butterfly stamps.


The paper flowers are Tim Holtz Tattered Florals, splattered with Picket Fence Distress Paint. I love splattering!

I inked the edges of the tag with Distress Ink Spiced Marmalade to brighten it up. Then just a touch of Vintage Photo along the very edge.

Hope you are having a super fabulous week and can make some time to play! We can't wait to see what you create!

~hugs~
~kim, designing for Mixed Media Mojo

5 comments:

  1. Kim, you had me at Tag! Lol. Tags are just great fun and you did a wonderful job on this one! Awesome sauce! The colors are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tag. Love the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful tag - when I splatter it is usually one everything but where it is supposed to be

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely awesome and so many layers!! You rock girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, tags are so much fun to experiment with!

    ReplyDelete