Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Springtime is Flower Time

Happy Wednesday everyone! Cathy here with a new Spring project to share with you. I love the flowers blooming part of Spring the best! I don't have a garden so I have to make mine out of paper or buy them at the store and I'm okay with that! :)
Please make sure to join in the fun and link your Spring with a Shower twist project to the original post found HERE

So for this project I wanted to try something new, so I did a reverse canvas! Loved it and now have a new way to use things I have in my stash!


My Springtime reverse canvas



I used my Eileen Hull flower die to cut out numerous flowers. I then "oxided" them in Broken China and Wilted Violet. I then embossed Emerald Creek Daisy Brads with the new Salted Raven Enamel EP from Emerald Creek. I used the ecQuarry stones for some of the flower centers as well.
 
 
I used lavendar tissue paper and TH distress collage medium to put it on my canvas. Once that was dried I ran some TH tissue tape around the sides. I then mixed some Finnabair paint (so shimmery!!) with Ranger Texture paste and added that on the sides of my canvas using the two TH stencils.
  
And now for some close ups :) 

Some shimmery Dylusions Mica Sprays to add some more colour

Th wildflower stencil and I didn't forget my twist, it's just hard to see! i added little raindrops around my frame with Glossy accents and some glitter, very sublte but they are there.

I used super tall pop up squares to get some height on my center piece and I love how it makes the charms cast a shadow on the background.

Added some ecQuarry Amethyst stones around my border

More ecQuarry stones in the center of the flower and look at all that oxidey goodness! :)

An Emerald Creek brad embossed with the Salted Raven Enamel EP

More ecQuarry stones for the flower center, they were the perfect finisher for these Eileen Hull oxided flowers!

And the center piece is a wonderful card from the Wild Whisper Rooted Love collection. I just fussy cut it out, then painted the tiny x's in purple so they matched my flowers. On the TH charms I ran some of the new Finnabair wax over them to give them some colour.  

Thank you so much for stopping by today and I hope you are ready to join in and share your spring/shower creation with us!
Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone!



Cathy

2 comments: