Monday, January 2, 2017

HAPPY NEW YEAR Art Journal

Hello everyone, thank you for stopping by! Ann here today and show you the tutorial of my art journal page. I'm so delighted to be on the Mixed Media Mojo Design Team! Thank you Maria & my other teammates for this wonderful opportunity and look forward to growing in my craft while working alongside these talented artists. I made my Happy New Year art journal page for our current NEW with the twist of Clocks challenge. Hope you will enjoy seeing it.


I've a few step out photos on how I made it, enjoy!

To get started, I cover the page with Gesso. Painted the whole page with Acrylic Paints. Let it dry. I used a sponge to apply Inka gold over my stencil.


Applied black ink through stencil across the bottom of page and allow to dry. Stamped sentiments with StazOn White ink. Driped with Acrylic Paint.


I die cutted a bunch of alphabet letters and numbers. I layered four of each letter together for some dimension. Then painted them using Acrylic Paints.


The Clock was die cut from some milk paper and painted with Acrylic Paints , dabbed with Ceramic Stucco, then embossed with Ranger Watering Can embossing powder.


I then adhered the clock, alphabets and numbers onto the page to spell HAPPY NEW YEAR 2017.


Hope you have enjoyed my quick little tutorial. 


I hope this inspires you to join in our January Challenge. I can't wait to see what you create.


Thanks again for stopping by today and happy creating!


Ann

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful work Ann! I love the dark background and the great firework stencils!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great journal pages Ann!! Love all the extra gears you added to the clock! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout Ann! Thanks for sharing some steps

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful page Ann, loved die cut elements as the focal😊

    ReplyDelete