Sunday, January 15, 2017

The Adventure Begins - 2017

Hi everyone!

I'm Christina. Since 1994 I've been paper crafting. During the past 6 years, I've developed a huge passion for mixed media. Most of the techniques are from Tim Holtz. He's really good at sharing cool stuff, and yes I do have an abundance of his products, some of them are in my project.
This is my second design team and I'm so thrilled to be apart of this team. I look forward to sharing my creativity and inspiration with everyone.

This months challenge (January) theme is New with a Twist Clocks. I missed this challenge because I had a late arrival. So I decided to create a mixed media altered journal cover with the January theme.


mixed media altered journal

This is my first altered journal cover. I've been wanting to create this for a few years and finally decided it was time.


First you will need an old hardcover book. I used a book from my vampire phase (haha).
Randomly glue pieces of tissue paper on top of book cover.

Once all the pieces/finds are glued in place, cover with black gesso. Hint - you can also use a glue gun for dimension and texture, before applying the gesso -

Alcohol or baby wipes are used to buff out areas to show the tissue paper and the distress paint is rubbed around and on the pieces to give them hi light.

For a finishing touch, I rubbed acrylic paints -copper and gold, distress paints -Broken China, Brushed Pewter, Tattered Angels Glimmer mist- Coffee Shop, Perfect Pearls- Heirloom Gold on the Tim Holtz Sizzix Weathered Clock die, gears, game spinner, time piece, chain etc. to make them pop out.

I hope you enjoyed my tutorial on how fun it is to alter a journal. 
Also come over and join in the fun in the January challenge - New with a Twist Clocks


Have a great day,

Christina


5 comments: