Monday, January 9, 2017

NEW BEGINNINGS - 2017

NEW BEGINNINGS - 2017


Hello everyone! I am Monica and I am super excited about being a new Design Team member for Mixed Media Mojo. I am so thrilled to be on one of my first design teams and I am totally looking forward to expanding my creative outlets and continuing on my creative journey. I am hoping that I can continue to meet more creative people along the way and finding more ways to stir my creative juices!!

So, I wasn't able to post anything for the first of the month, as I was away on Christmas holidays, but I really wanted to start the year off with this team right so had to do a project for the "first" of the month! I created a canvas as my take on the theme of "New" with the twist "Clocks".  I hope you all like my project!


I started with a basic 4 X 4 canvas. The first layer was only newspapers from 1942 that I attached with fluid matte medium. I then added some copper paint in a few places, as well as some distress spray. I also used my new label maker that my wonderful hubby gave me for Christmas for the quote I wanted to use. I emphasized them by using my Faber-Castell big brush pens.


For the next step, I added a Tim Holtz clock that I added gears to using Ice Resin - I did this ages ago but hadn't found a project I wanted to put it on. Decided this one worked great for it. Also added some glitter glass to the project. From there I added the flowers and other ephemera that I wanted to complete the project. I wanted to go with a Steampunk kinda feel for the canvas.

Here are some close ups of the project.




And this is the completed project - I am really happy with how it came out. I hope you like it!


I am really excited about this year and this Design Team and I can't wait to create more projects for the blog. Make sure you check out the Challenge and play along! Have a fabulously creative day everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Love this look Monica!!!! 1942 Newspapers are a find! The colors go really well together! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! Awesome start to the year Monica! I love the flowers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Project Monica:)!! Great start to the year :)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Monica!! I love all the textures and vintage finds, they add a nice finish to your piece.

    ReplyDelete