Monday, May 29, 2017

CELEBRATE LOVE Canvas Tutorial


Hello all! I am Monica and I am back again this month with another tutorial for you on how I made my May design team project. This month I did a canvas for the theme of Celebration and the twist of wedding. So here is a basic tutorial on how I made the project.

Step one of the canvas I just added some texture using modeling paste.

Then for the next step I added colour by spraying the canvas with some of the
Prima Colour Bloom Sprays

The colours I used for the sprays were Empress Gold, Tea Stain and Ginger Coral. The colours are quite vibrant when first sprayed but I wanted more muted colours so blotted off the excess with a paper towel to get the look I wanted.

I then added some shimmer using gold Glitter Dust spay

My next addition was the dress for for the wedding dress. I just cut out the dress form using my Tim Holtz Sewing Room Sizzix Die. I used chipboard and then adhered some basic text tissue to it before I cut it out. Then I added a white sparkly dress to it - I used the same die and just cut out the dress portions of it to make the dress.

The next step was to add some more texture to the piece, so I used a brick stencil and added some of the new Finnabair Stone Effects Paste. I used the Concrete on as I wanted it to look like stone. I added it in a few places in larger sections and then cleaned off my pallet knife on the canvas in a few places (especially those with other texture already) just to add some of the concrete colour over the whole canvas and pull everything together. 

The next step was to finish off the wedding dress and I did that by using some nice white lace and the Finnabair Sculpture Medium. This medium dries clear but makes any softer or thinner material thicker and solid. I coated each piece of lace I had and then laid it down on the canvas in some wavy patterns (to make it look like the dress was blowing in the breeze) and then once the sculpture medium dried the lace stays in that shape.

I then added some other elements to the dress - some ribbon, some glitter and a flower to finish it off.

Here is a close up of the ribbon, lace and glitter. To finish off the canvas completely I added flowers and my title pieces in chipboard. I sprayed the "Celebrate" chipboard with one of my new Marabu Art Sprays (I used Gold) to give it a nice shimmer and bring out some of the colours in the other ephemera I added to the project. I finished off the project by adding some flowers and other bling.

Here is the final project.

I hope you all like my project and the tutorial. I really enjoyed this project and love that it came out pretty much exactly how I envisioned it in my head. Make sure you check out and join the challenge on the blog - you could end up being named our Diva of the month and be a guest designer. We also have prizes sometimes too - so check it out! May Challenge

And we have a new Facebook group too that you can join! Mixed Media Mojo Facebook Group

Take care and have a very crafty day everyone!


2 comments:

  1. I am very thankful for the effort put on by you, to help us, Thank you so much for the post it is very helpful, keep posting such type of Article.Camtasia Studio Torrent Free

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like!! I blog frequently and I really thank you for your content. The article has truly peaked my interest.
    Here is the link of new cartoon Graphics Crack:👇
    https://softserialskey.com/cartoon-animator-crack/
    Try it Free!!!!!😄

    ReplyDelete