Monday, May 8, 2017

Mixed Media Altered Canvas Tutorial

Hi everyone, I'm Christina.

Today I'm going to share with you the mixed media altered canvas I created, for this months challenge theme: Celebration with a twist Wedding.

Meet Pricilla. She's full of spirit and has a heart of gold....waiting for the man of her dreams. In the meantime you can see her all dolled up as she heads down the aisle with her abundance of flowers and glitter in her hair.

Let's get started......




Grab any size of canvas (I chose a 5x7) and cover it with Tim Holtz idea ology adhesive sheets, burlap. Then cover it with distress spray stain black soot. Heat set.


Next I used TH layered stencils, Industrial and Halloween with texture paste and let air dry. Once dried, apply distress inks Wilted Violet and Candied Apple on top.


Stamp image twice with Ranger archival ink - black on TH distress watercolour card stock (on the smooth side) and colour with various distress oxides and a h2o water brush.


Using TH mini snips, fussy cut "Pricilla" all the flowers and use pop ups for dimension. Add rhinestones in her hair and color them with an oil base marker. I used a copic marker. Doesn't she look pretty.....


Using a mini sponge tool and distress ink black soot, go over edges of stamp to make her pop out. The stamp I used is from Stampers Anonymous Day of the Dead 1.


For an added touch I used some of my favourite Tim Holtz idea ology finds - arrow adornment, skull (notice I added a couple rhinestones for the eyes with a little color for creepiness), metal corner.

I hope you enjoyed my tutorial and it leaves you feeling inspired.
There is still time left in the May challenge Celebration with a twist Wedding. We'd love to see what you create.

Have a great day,

Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment