Wednesday, February 15, 2017

It's Heart Month

Hi everyone! It's Cathy here with my first actual post on the Mixed Media Mojo blog! I am very excited to be a part of this talented team and look forward to seeing all the mixed media projects you share with us! This month the theme is love with the twist wings! Be sure to check out the original challenge post HERE and share your creations with us!



I created a 6X6 canvas for my love with wings project this week.

I found the heart with wings stencil in an old box I still had packed away in my storage closet. Perfect timing to to de clutter and make use of my stash.
I started with a black canvas but did a quick coat of black gesso just to cover up some spots that had been rubbed a bit. I then mixed my distress spray with some iridescent medium I had so there was more shimmer and used that for my heart with wings and a few chipboard pieces I wanted to use.

I re discovered my jar of glass bead gel and decided to use that too. Mixed with a bit of pink mica powder from Finnabair's line I layered it on through my TH stencil. A crafty friend of mine thought it was heart shaped hamburgers when I posted a sneak peek of the hearts! LOL

I used my Charred Gold ep from Emerald Creek to highlight some of the rays shooting out from the heart. I then used Eileen Hull's Twist and Style tool for wire hearts. And to grunge things up a bit, I splattered some ground espresso paint across the whole thing. The last pic in this collage shows most of the products I used.
And now for some close ups of the project!

I embossed my TH thinlits words with Charred Gold as well, and used some of the new gemstones from the Emerald Creek Quarry line on the rays and to dot my i.

Just love the Twist and Style tool and with a bit more practice, I'm going to try doing words with it!
Love these gemstones! These are the Pyrite and Moissanite stones and the picture does not do their shimmer justice!

Look as this glorious melty goodness of my Charred Gold embossing powder!! I use this on just about everything these days!

I also went in with my embossing pen and added some Charred Gold to this heart too.
Thank you so much for stopping by today and don't forget to get your entry in for this month's challenge! We have a $25 GC as a prize this month!! Thanks to our amazing sponsor Everything Mixed Media!

Have a great day and I'm excited to see what you create and share with us here at Mixed Media Mojo Monthly Challenge with the February theme of Love and a twist of wings!

Cathy

2 comments: