Monday, February 20, 2017

Mixed Media Framed Art tutorial

Hello everyone and thanks for stopping by today. Ann here and I've got a quick tutorial for you on how I made my Mixed Media Framed Art for our current challenge, Love with the added twist of Wings. Enjoy!

If you recall, this is what my project looked like:



To get started, I placed a few small dollops of acrylic paint onto the craft sheet, then use the brayer to gently spread out the paint. When the paint has been spread out, gently "walk" the brayer across different parts of the the panel. Repeat the above process using different colors. When it dry, I die-cut the lower left corner and the upper right corner and stamping randomly.


I punched out several hearts, glued them together, then smudged the paint with my finger. Die cutting feather, painting the die cut with Distress Paint.


I'm featuring two of my new dies from Spellbinder, designed by Seth Apter. I just love these dies called Drip Drop and Robo Rings. I've used the acrylic paints to colour the die cut images and let it dry. I applied a layer of crackle paint on the Drip Drop. Stamping the Robo Rings.


Here are some close ups of the project.


And this is the completed project - I am really happy with how it came out. I hope you like it!


Thanks so much for stopping by and  hope this inspires you to join in our February Challenge, you still have a few days to enter! Can't wait to see what you make to link up and as always, happy creating!

Hugs & Love
Ann

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous project Ann! What are the stamps that you used on the background? I love those and those Seth Apter dies are fantastic! Well done girlie!

    ReplyDelete